Wednesday, March 4, 2009

10 step program to stop watching Law and Orders

1. Admit when you have a problem. A good sign is when you read the DirectTv description, something like, "Benson may be the next target of a man with a history of raping powerful women" and you know exactly what happens.

2. Delete season passes to SVU and vanilla Law and Order, on NBC, TNT, and USA.

3. Replace your Benson and Stabler screen saver with a picture of people you actually know.

4. Do not start watching other crime shows, such as "The First 48", "Rookies" or even "Miami Vice".

5. Join a photography class. Or start doing yoga. Anything to fill up the extra 5 hours you'll enjoy daily.

6. Do not go on any dates with cops or lawyers or let anyone in your family do so.

7. Follow all laws! Do not run the risk of coming face to face with a real life cop. You will fall off the wagon.

8. TiVo lighthearted shows like "Will and Grace".

9. Do not visit New York City.

10. Cancel your Internet.

1 comment:

  1. I kicked this particular habit a while ago. If the show came on I was glued to the spot. Then my lovely wife kicked me in the ass, told me it was stupid and I went on with my life. I love my wife.

    ReplyDelete